Gardening on a higher plane — a showcase of the best rooftop gardens from across the globe.
An exploration of rooftop gardening, this book gives insight into the urban phenomenon by
presenting the best work from world-renowned architects and garden designers.Examining the challenges rooftop gardens face—sun, rain, storms, and a lack of ground beneath
the roots—this book studies rooftop gardens in five continents. Furthermore, it explores all the
appropriate accoutrements that ought to accompany a modern rooftop garden, such as contemporary
materials, trendy furniture, modern light installations, and of course, tried and tested plants.
- Intensive or extensive – what roof gardens ‚give‘ us
- Secret gardens – very private lifestyle oases Public places
- roof gardens for all
- The challenge – sun, rain, storms and no ground beneath the roots
- Rising to the challenge – tried and tested specimens from the plant world
- Looking forward – the future of ‚green roofs‘
GARDEN on TOP – Designing Gardens on the Highest Level
Unique Ideas for Roof Gardens
by Barbara P. Meister
CADMOS Publishing Ltd.